Instruction for Submission of Assignments: Assignments
should be submitted directly on Blackboard. In rare situations
assignments can be sent directly by email to the instructor. Submission
should follow these rules:
- Submit your presentation as a URL in Blackboard.
Task 1: Report on performance of the Deyo et al.
Charlson index in anticipating patients' prognosis.
- Prepare slides that describe the project
- Title page (include your name but do not include your contact)
- Slide 1 should review history of use of diagnosis-based
- Slide 2 should give an example of how EHRs and clinics use the
variants of Charlson index
- Slide 3 should present the data, including number of patients,
cleaning of the data, and number of records used in the analysis
- Slide 4 should report how the index was scored
- Slide 5 should report accuracy of the index
- Slide 6 should discuss how one could improve accuracy of the
- Narrate the slides and upload to the web
- Circulate the URL of your presentation to the class
- Visit the presentation of 2 other students and comment on the video
what you liked about the presentation and how the presentation can be
improved. In making these comments you should directly compare
what they did that you did not do.
- Enter your presentation URL and the URLs where you left comments
into the Blackboard
Here are some example responses: