- Mediation analysis allowing for exposure-mediator interactions Read►
- Mediation analysis through stable weights
- Practical guide to mediation analysis
through inverse odds ratio
- Mediation analysis revisited
A. In the following data, estimate the direct and indirect impact of
treatment on outcome.
- Verify that treatment and mediator are related
- Verify that mediator and outcome are related
- Estimate the direct and indirect effects using regressions
- Draw a network showing the direct and indirect effects.
B. For this assignment you can use any statistical software you are familiar with or use R. The objective is to find a set of 3 variables, in which one variable is mediating the effect of the other. Use data from STAR*D experiment conducted by NIMH.
- Read about the study protocol.
- Download data. Use instructor's last name as password.
Must enter password twice.
Data 2010► Data
- Select a variable in which the effect of the variable on success of citalopram disappears when an intermediary variable is introduced.
- Use regression analysis to demonstrate that the coefficient for the variable
is not significant when an intermediary variable is introduced.
- Check assumptions of independence.
- Draw a network showing the relationships you have found.
- Describe findings.
For additional information (not part of the required reading), please see the following links:
- Pearl's direct and indirect effects Read►
- Saeed's lecture
This page is part of the course on Comparative Effectiveness by Farrokh Alemi, PhD Home►