- Introduction to management of computer professionals
- Case: management of off site teams
Lecture on managing computer professionals Slides►
Narrated slides and videos require Flash.
Advanced learners like you, often need different ways of understanding a topic. Reading is just one way of understanding. Another way is through writing about what you have read. The following questions get you to think more about the concepts
taught in this session.
- How does availability of computer professionals during the normal work hours affect productivity of the clinic?
- Is it the responsibility of the manager to disorganize others?
- What are the steps suggested in the reading regarding how to motivate computer professionals?
Do One: Case Analysis
Please read the case: Regina Fazio Maruca "How
do you manage an off-site team?
Business Review, July-August 1998 v76 n4 p22(4)"
Once you have downloaded the article, it provides
you with a case study and asks you to suggest a solution. Please write your solution
and submit it to your instructor. This is
not a group project.
Be prepared to present
your solution and the response to your solution in class.
Forward your slides to the instructor.
For additional information
(not part of the required reading), please see the following
To outsource or not to outsource: Examining
the effects of outsourcing IT functions on financial performance in
Assessing the fit between health care CIOs
and the organization
This page is part of the course on Information Systems. This page was edited
by Farrokh Alemi, Ph.D.