- Chapter 2 of OpenIntro Statistics
Chapter 2 starting on page 107. Do problems 2.9. 2.10, 2.11,
2.24►, 2.37, 2.43,
- Surviving another day with no falls:
For cases and controls, separately calculate the conditional probability
of falling given that you have not fallen in the previous days. Blanks
indicate patients who have not fallen in the 9 days examined.
|ID for Cases
||Days to fall
||ID for Controls
||Days to Fall
You can do this by counting number at risk, number with 1st fall, and number
with no falls for each of the 9 time periods. Note that the number at
risk for current time period is the number at risk in previous time period
minus number who had their first fall in previous time period.
- For additional optional problems do 2.7, 2.21, 2.23, 2.45
If the probability of dying in the next 6 months is 10%, how long can you
expect to live?
If the daily probability of dying is 1%, how long can you expect to live?
- For assistance with these problems, contact
Mark Anthony, Nate Stocks, and Shari L Carlos.
- Solutions to odd number problems
- Submit an Excel file. Each assignment must be a separate sheet appropriately labeled within one file.
Do not send multiple files. All cells except the data cells must be computed cells. Send
assignment to Blackboard and early preparation to instructor's direct email.