- Applications to Cost effectiveness
- Is it cost effective to exercise during visits?
- Is it cost effective to take care of nursing home patients in a community home? Read►
For this assignment you can use any statistical software.
Teams of 2 students can work together.
- Using the enclosed data, evaluate the cost effectiveness of scheduling exercise during visits to clinicians.
Make sure that you use propensity scoring to match patients on their
- Using the enclosed data and stratified covariate balancing, evaluate the cost effectiveness of the
Medical Foster Home (MFH) program compared to Contract Nursing Home
(CNH) . The data includes multiple comorbidities for each
patient. Control for these variables as well as demographics
& Brinda's response►
- What sequence can you establish among the
variables in the analysis?
- Calculate the expected total cost savings
associated with MFH program as compared to CNH, while holding
demographics, year of enrollment, follow-up period, and
- Indicate which patient subgroup is most
likely to benefit from MFH and which group from CNH.
- If you have to make partial matches, which
variables will you drop from covariate balancing and why?
For additional information (not part of the required reading), please see the following links:
- Examples of cost effectiveness studies using propensity
This page is part of the course on
Comparative Effectiveness by Farrokh Alemi, Ph.D.